Date: 1/10/2020 – 2/10/2020
PAX: Judge Judy, Otis, Lombardi, Harvey Updike, Peaches, Dabo, Whipporwhil, Adidas, JV (This is the best list I have available to me)
One normal Friday, YHC was casually browsing the GORUCK Tough Facebook Group when a video caught my eye. It was about a man who decided to do 100 Burpees per day for 30 days. A total of 3000 Burpees. He described his progress through the challenge and how he felt throughout.
As I was watching, I thought to myself, “I think this is something that the F3 Group would be interested in seeing. Maybe after the P200, like April we could even try it.”
So I shared it to the F3 Lowcountry Facebook Group with only “Hmmm” as a comment.
I was not prepared for what happened next. Almost immediately, several PAX jumped in saying that they would start right away. Most PAX started the following Monday.
Do 100 Burpees each day for 30 consecutive days
Two injuries are allegedly the result of this challenge
- Joker’s knee, torn meniscus, doctors have recommended surgery
- Wet Wipe’s kidney stones, dislodged by the Burpees, doctors have recommended a cessation of Burpees and lots of water.
- One should never underestimate the H.I.M.s that are found in this group.
- One PAX, who will not be named here, asked when I would be posting the next challenge.
- The most common comment that I got was, “That sucked; I am glad I did it!”
- I still plan to do this after the P200. Maybe some other PAX will join in.
- Peaches closed it out at the Buck in a brutal Burpee-fest. YHC was given the privilege of leading the final 10 Burpees.
- Please use caution when sharing to this group!
Congratulations to the H.I.M.s who got it done!