Conditions: 74 (felt like 77), light breeze…just about perfect
PAX: (10), Clancy (r), Minivan (r), Nae Nae, Radar, SpaghettiO, Spaulding (r), Squid (r), Tarzan, Wham!, Bartman (QIC)
Disclaimer: Not a trained professional. Work out at your own risk. Modify as needed. You’re already here, might as well make the best of the next 45 minutes.
Additional Disclaimer: Safety is key on the water. Wear the pfd at all times so I can find your body if you pass out.
Paddle Clinic at Embarkation
- While waiting to get on a board–Squats while holding paddle horizontally in front of you.
- While on your board waiting for rest of pax–Flutters x 10 (4ct) and LBC’s x 20, both while holding the paddle over your head.
Thang: Once all PAX are on the water we paddled to the “Ditch”.
- First exercise is a Jacobs Ladder of merkins, 1 to 5 and back down. In between each set of merkins pax go into water, pull themselves back on the board, do the merkins and then go into water on other side of board. Continue until done with merkins.
- Plank for the 6
- Second exercise is 11’s with Seal Jacks at posts and Squats at the “buoy” with pax hand paddling their boards in between
- Third exercise is a shorter Jacobs Ladder of merkins, 1 to 3…same as first.
- Paddle back to the dock for disembarkation.
- While waiting to get off board–Flutters x 10 (4ct) and LBC’s x 20, both while holding the paddle over your head.
- While waiting for rest of pax to get off water–Squats while holding paddle horizontally in front of you.
- Flutters x 20 IC
- Perfect Planks for 15-20 sec at a time until time with 10 Seal Jacks IC in between…did 3 sets.
Minivan Margarita Mania, tonight.
2nd F, next Wed, Hilton Head Brewery
- For Carter’s continued healing and peace during this challenging time
- For Schnitzels travels and his friends family.
- Thankfulness that we get to come out and push ourselves and each other to prepare us/each other for God’s work in our lives.
- That we would be do Your will today.
- NaeNae peed during the workout and apparently code browned on the way home.
- I think Squid got new silkies for this workout.
- This had to look funny from the shore.
- Not a lot of mumble chatter that I could hear. Either because my ears were clogged or pax didn’t want to talk for fear of drowning.
- T-Claps to Tarzan for starting his birthday right. I saw him get pretty tired during 11’s but he just put his down on his board and paddled and got it done. There’s a lesson there.
This was a fun workout and one I had been thinking about for a while but Radar mentioning that Geek Squad was doing SUP workouts in Raleigh is what made it happen. Thanks Radar!
It gets said each time but it is truly an honor and privilege to take the Q and lead you men and I know I get pushed beyond my comfort zone each time I do. Thank you for the opportunity.