CONDITIONS: Weather – 81 degrees, 89% humidity, SW @ 6mph. Life – Unpredictable, difficult at times, part of Sky Q’s master plan for us.
PAX: Gambit, Judy, 12 Gauge, Grayson Allen, SMCG (Respect), Spaulding (Respect), Mini Van (Respect), Chum Bucket, Meat Gazer, NeNe, Spaghetti-O, Radar, Squid (Respect), Tubbs, Hermanos, Clancy (Respect), Ambien (Respect), Fester, Ready Mix, Floss, Crack, Swanson, JV, Jethro, Schnitzel (Respect), Earhart, Stones, Bartman (Respect), Coach K, Hulk (Welcome), Messi, Sunshine, Cable Guy (Respect), Sawed Off (QIC).
COT: In recognition and in memory of those that cannot be with us this morning, we’ve collectively chosen to do a difficult thing. We lift these people up in our thoughts, our prayers and through our effort.
Margaret (63), Bile Duct Cancer, Actively Fighting
Jim (65), Leg Cancer, Actively Fighting
George, Pancreatic Cancer, Passed Away 2020
Bradley (74), Esophageal Cancer, 14 Mo. Cancer Free
Rex (76), Lung Cancer, Passed Away
John (96), Prostate Cancer, 12 Yrs. Cancer Free
James (46), Brain Cancer, 9 Yrs. Cancer Free
John (71), Chronic Lymphoma Leukemia, Actively Fighting
Stephanie (37), Breast Cancer, 5 Yrs. Cancer Free
Jeramy (20), Lymphoma, Passed Away 2012
Juanita (67), Breast & Lymph Node Cancer, Actively Fighting
Ken (69), Prostate Cancer, 11 Yrs. Cancer Free
Lloyd (56), Pancreatic Cancer, Passed Away 2018
Peyton (16), Lymphoma, Actively Fighting
Dennis (51), Acute Lymphoma Leukemia, Actively Fighting
Wilbur (71), Leukemia, Passed Away 2012
Larry (71) Colon Cancer, Passed Away 2013
Linda, Breast Cancer, Cancer Free
Veronica (73), Lung Cancer, Actively Fighting
Bennett (85), Colon Cancer, Cancer Free
Lenny, Brain Cancer, Terminally Ill
Will (44), Melanoma, Cancer Free
Liz (19), Glioblastoma, Passed Away 2015
Mary (54), Melanoma and Lung Cancer, 10 Yrs. Cancer Free
Christine (75), Lung Cancer, 15 Yrs. Cancer Free
Pam (68), Breast Cancer, 24 Yrs. Cancer Free
Jeanette (73), Melanoma, Cancer Free
Barbara (60), Colon Cancer, Passed Away 2000
P.B. (70), Lung Cancer, Passed Away 1988
Madeline (53), Breast Cancer, Cancer Free
Tracy (57), Thyroid Cancer, In Remission
Bill (43), Brain Cancer, Passed Away 2018
John (62), Stomach Cancer, Passed Away 1983
Helen (80), Ovarian Cancer, Passed Away 2002
Amanda (35), Breast Cancer, Cancer Free
Scott (57), Brain Cancer, Actively Fighting
Marna (37), Breast Cancer, Passed Away 1987
DISCLAIMER: This has been a difficult month. Push yourself and the man next to you and recognize that you have the privilege of being out here. Modify where necessary, but hold yourself accountable.
TTT x 10 IC
Michael Phelps x 10 IC
Arm Circles x 10 IC (both ways)
Helos x 10 IC
Mosey to LCC
Breakout in to groups of 3:
- Group 1 – 10 Blockees OYO
- Group 2 – 10 Burpos OYO
- Group 3 – 10 Star Burstees OYO
Rotate through all stations.
Mosey back to pad.
Bear Crawl Burpees across pad and back
LL Cool J (Lunge, Lunge, Burpee, Jump) across pad and back
Broad Jump Burpee across pad and back
Mosey 1 lap around parking lot
Hurpees x 20 OYO
Deconstructed Burpee – 5 count descending ladder
Spider Man Burpee x 20 OYO
Burpee EMOM x 10 OYO – 4 min
Cotter Coach K – Great to see you back in the gloom.
Coffeeteria to be in parking lot
Urkel is tabulating official Burpee count for month
Coach K thanks everyone for support and offerings. Needs another refrigerator to house all the food.
Swanson wants people to train for P200.
Monday Qs – take it easy on our PAX.
The countless family members, friends and individuals that have been impacted by illness.
- It’s been an amazing and awful month. YHC is inspired by the efforts and accomplishment put forth by the region to support a brother in his fight. Together, we’ve gotten better physically, socially and spiritually. Unfortunate circumstance has brought us closer together and strengthened our collective bond; moving forward, how hard will we work to maintain it?
- As Coach K stated, “cancer sucks.” It is indiscriminate, it is untimely, it is cruel and it is a formidable adversary. As is often referenced among F3 circles, man is not designed to fight through life alone, and that principle holds true here too. If nothing else, the month of July has taught us that together, we are capable of overcoming difficult things. We can persevere through suffering. We can find good in bad situations and we can keep taking that red pill, knowing that it’ll make us better.
- T-Claps to Grayson Allen, Messi, Sunshine and Hulk for getting after it this morning. Those kids did more in 45 minutes than most do in a week. #Strongbody #Strongcharacter
- T-Claps to all the PAX that pushed through injury and pain this month. Your presence did not go unnoticed.
- Thanks very much to Liz Claiborne for providing Coffeeteria. I can’t imagine what you battled through at Starbucks on a Saturday morning.
- Tip of the cap to Squid and Urkel for their leadership in this month’s challenge. Be it coincidence or divine intervention, Squid discovered the Colon Cancer Coalition Challenge for July and partnered with Urkel to design an ambitious and fun competition for us. With that in mind, send all complaints of pain and suffering to Squid@SorryNotSorry.com.
- Thank you very much to all of the PAX that shared their personal stories with me for this morning’s Q. I recognize how sensitive and raw the emotions associated with your experiences are. I appreciate your candor and trust in me.
- Congrats to all three sub-regions for the massive burpee counts. No one likes a tie, but winning was not the objective of the month’s challenge. It was to lift up a brother through the good-spirit of competition. I think we did that in spades.
- A celebration of sorts will be planned and shared soon. I think we all deserve a beer.
- As always, thank you for the opportunity to lead. It’s an honor to serve such an noble group of men.
Sawed Off Out.