PAX: (17) Scratch Off (Atlanta), Squid (R), Ambien (R), Bartman (R), Captain Crunch (RNG), Scoops (RNG), Tarzan (RNG), Radar, Brutus, Diamond Dave (Foothills), Peaches, Minivan (R), Chumbucket, Big Spur, JV, Cowbell, Tubbs (QIC)
Conditions: 78; weather app said “feels like 78”, but it still felt like it was in the 80s. I think it was lying…
- Workout: I am not a trained professional, so you are working out at your own risk. If you are hurt, please modify as needed. Push yourself and the guy next to you to get stronger and sharper today.
- Burpee Challenge (Provided by Squid):
- Burpees suck, but we have a brother who wishes he could be here
- Form matters; hold me accountable and I’ll do the same for you.
- There is a difference between hurt and injured. If you’re injured or a doctor said not to do Burpees, modification is a good thing. If you modify because Burpees hurt, guess what, they hurt. Everyone
- Cancer Information: The information that I’m sharing is from credible sources, but there is a lot of information out there.
Purpose: To push ourselves, and for every burpee to have a purpose
Warm-up: Part of the thang…
- Tabata style workout with 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. Each round has 8 cycles, and after the 8 a different count of burpees (All OYO) will be completed corresponding with a cancer statistic.
- Round 1 (All IC): TTT, Michael Phelps, Copperhead Squats, Arm Circles – Repeat; 19 Burpees for 19 million cancer diagnoses in 2020
- Round 2: Overhead Press (IC), Big Boys (OYO) – Repeat x4; 10 burpees for 10 million men diagnosed with cancer in 2020
- Round 3 (All OYO): Apolo Ohno, Superman – Repeat x4; 17 burpees for 17 PAX that responded to Sawed Off’s email knowing somebody with cancer
- Round 4 (Ally OYO): Empirial Walkers, LBCs – Repeat x4; 10 burpees for the 10 million cancer deaths in 2020
- Round 5 (All OYO): Zombie Crunch (alternate cycles right and left side), Hillbillies – Repeat x4; 30 burpees for the 30 names that PAX provided in response to Sawed Off’s email
- Round 6 (All OYO): Freddy Mercury, Alternating Side Squats – Repeat x4; 5 burpees for 5.5 million men that died of cancer (some people decided to round up as would be statistically accurate) and 2 burpees for 200,000 men that died of rectal cancer in 2020
- Round 7 (All IC): TTT, Michael Phelps, Copperhead Squats, Arm Circles – No repeat due to time constraints; 30 burpees for the 30% decrease in colorectal cancer risk if not obese
- A total of 123 burpees per PAX were completed
- Convergence on the 31st @ TBD; Be There!
- Those that have received a cancer diagnosis, the families and friends, the care takers, and the doctors and nurses treating them.
- YHC acknowledges going over on the workout by two minutes according to his android phone, which is far superior to any apple product on the market, and extends his apologies.
- There were several comments about the wind…I didn’t feel any
- So glad to see the return of Captain Crunch, Scoops, and Tarzan, with whom I hadn’t yet had the privilege of sharing the gloom
- Glad that 3 PAX from Bluffton could make the trip to share the gloom today
- Peaches and Big Spur were seen leaving the AO in a truck and neither were wearing shirts; rumor has it that “Redneck Woman” was being blasted
- YHC would like to thank those PAX that pushed him out of his comfort zone to VQ this morning, because he would not have done this without their hounding…seriously
- Hug your families; cherish your friends. This month has shown me just how short life is. July will come and go, but cancer won’t. Take care of yourselves, and SYITG again!