June 3, 2021 at The Buck
Conditions: A bit wet, but no active rain and pretty good temperature!
PAX: Adidas, Cable Guy (Respect), Peanut, Hacky Sack, Handy Manny, Urkel (QIC)
- SSH IC x 24
- TTT IC x 12
- Burpees OYO x 6
- LBAC Forward IC x 12
- Air Presses IC x 12
- LBAC Reverse IC X 12
This workout was inspired by two different ideas. First, the date 6-3 inspired me to create a workout around the idea of cutting numbers in half. Second, my failure to pass the Army PT Test at the most recent GrowRuck had me focused on getting ready for the next one so here it goes:
- Run 4 Laps around the near side of the parking lot (about 1/5 mile each)
- 64 Merkins – pause for the 6 so that we stay together
- Run 2 Laps
- 32 Merkins – pause for the 6 so that we stay together
- Run 1 Lap
- 8 Merkins
- Run 2 Laps
- 32 Big Boy Sit Ups – pause for the 6 so that we stay together
- Run 1 Lap
- 16 BBSU
- Run 1/2 Lap
- 8 BBSU
- 50 LBCs OYO
- Adidas calls Flutters IC
- Handy Manny calls Dirty Dogs IC
- Peanut calls Squats IC
- Hacky Sack calls 1/2 Merkin Hold IC
- Cable Guy calls
COR & NOR
- Without the P200 or an upcoming CSAUP, there is shocking little to announce.
- We need to bring back the OlymPAX Competition. Bluffton and Beaufort have hosted, so it seems like it is time for Hilton Head to host one.
- Peanut’s M is out of town for the weekend with several other women. Prayers for them as well as the Dads and their 2.0’s this weekend.
- Handy Manny’s M is flying back from Vegas. Prayers for safe travels for her.
- Handy Manny is about to start a new job. Prayers for him in this transition.
- It has been 302 days since my last Q. Way too long. I am glad to get out there and lead again.
- If you are plugged into the F3 resources you will undoubtedly hear the phrase, “You can’t out King your Queen.” This means that you can’t workout hard enough to make up for putting junk in your body. For the past 10 weeks, I have learned that you can’t out Queen your King either. I have been very careful about what I have put in my body, but I have neglected to take my DRP. I have lost 49.4 pounds since the end of March. I now weight 13 pounds less than I did when I got married and 4 pounds less that I did when I graduated from High School. But, as good as that feels, I was in better shape when I was 40 pounds heavier and working out 6 days a week. Now my goal is to put the two together.
- I have to give a shout out to Adidas. He has kept my going through one of the hardest years I have ever gone through. His regular texts just to check in have been awesome. He was also the one that encouraged my to take the Q again this morning.
- Last week I posted with Yo-Yo Ma at The Buck and we put up some good numbers. It felt like the old days. Today we were down a bit, but I am grateful for the 5 other men who joined me in the gloom. I know that there are many more men who need what we literally give away. Keep EHing. Keep showing up. Keep pushing!