PAX: Lava Fish, Swanson, Spaulding (Respect), Chum Bucket, Mini Van (Respect), Sawed Off (QIC).
CONDITIONS 43 degrees, wind seemed to kick up as soon as I exited vehicle (go figure)
DISCLAIMER: I’m not a trained professional, work out at your own risk. Push yourself, push the man next to you, modify where necessary. Don’t get hurt.
SSH x 39
Al Gore x 39 sec
Hold Forward Lunge – Right Leg x 39 sec
Hold Forward Lunge – Left Leg x 39 sec
Plank x 39 sec
Right Arm Up x 39 sec
Left Arm Up x 39 sec
Low Plank x 39 sec
6″ x 39 sec
Hold 1/2 Crunch x 39 sec
Hold Alabama Ass Kicker – Right Leg x 39 sec
Hold Alabama Ass Kicker – Left Leg x 39 sec
Martin Luther King Jr. struggled and strained for a cause with every fiber in his being. This morning, we’re going to struggle and strain through a series of exercises.
Carolina Dry Docks x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Groiners x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Copper Head Squats x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
WWI Sit Ups x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Seal Jacks x 39 IC, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Merkins x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Lunges x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
American Hammers x 39 1/2IC, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Dips x 39, Bear Crawl to other side of parking lot
Smurf Jacks x 39
1 Mile Mosey
Flutters x 39 IC
Hello Dolly x 39 IC
HHI P200 meeting tonight at Spaulding’s office
Sell pork butts. Need to push 350 minimum.
- BEFORE READING, cast aside ideology and affiliation. Consider what’s below with an unbiased mind and heart.
- Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the United States. At the age of his murder, MLK Jr. was 39 years old (hence the reps this morning). If we computed an average age of PAX that are active with F3 Lowcountry, it’d probably equate to something pretty close to 39. We talk a lot about being High Impact Men in this community and as best I can tell, MLK Jr. was certainly that for his. Let’s allow for his life and legacy to serve as an important reminder of the mark that we can leave on a person, a group, or society.
- YHC was a little foggy this morning and bypassed NOR all together. Mea Culpa.
- SSH to begin a workout is still not well-accepted at the Brig.
- Mea Culpa #2 – if Bear Crawls are going to be a big part of the workout, the Q should recommend gloves in the pre-blast.
- Good to see a 2.0 in attendance on his day off of school. #characterbuilder
- Kudos to Mini Van for grabbing some EC before the workout.
- One of the best parts of Qing the Brig is watching the sun come up as I cross the bridge back to Bluffton. We really are fortunate to live here.
- In closing, I leave with a quote from MLK Jr that was delivered at his home church when asked about how he’d like to be remembered after his death:
“I’d like somebody to mention that day that Martin Luther King Jr. tried to give his life serving others. I’d like for somebody to say that day that Martin Luther King Jr. tried to love somebody.
I want you to say that day that I tried to be right on the war question. I want you to be able to say that day that I did try to feed the hungry. I want you to be able to say that day that I did try in my life to clothe those who were naked. I want you to say on that day that I did try in my life to visit those who were in prison. And I want you to say that I tried to love and serve humanity.
Yes, if you want to say that I was a drum major. Say that I was a drum major for justice. Say that I was a drum major for peace. I was a drum major for righteousness. And all of the other shallow things will not matter. I won’t have any money to leave behind. I won’t have the fine and luxurious things of life to leave behind. But I just want to leave a committed life behind.“
Seems to me that he wished to represent a lot of the things that we strive to represent through F3. Let’s be virtuous men. Let’s be righteous men. Let’s lead committed lives.
Sawed Off Out.